Saturday, November 8, 2008

Documentation for November 7th

For this week’s documentation we were asked to write about one of the goals of a Disciple Scholar, keeping commitments. I have actually learned a lot about this in the last few weeks. Keeping commitments has always been a difficult thing for me, and something I have always wished I was better at. In my Freshman Seminar class our ongoing documentation assignments have helped me the most. Since we are supposed to document every week we have to take the initiative to remember it on our own without any reminder. I was suprised by how easy it is to forget! This assignment is really helpful in teaching me to keep my commitments because I can easily look back and see wether I was sucessful or not. In life you aren't always able to look back at your progress so easily. Keeping my commitment to document is not only important for a grade, but it's also sentimental. I love that this will always be around for me to remember my first semester at BYU and I will be so disappointed if I go to look back at it someday and there are weeks missing, or hastily done. Learning to keep my commitments is so important and will be invalueable in my life. I'm so glad I have been given this chance to make better habits.

No comments: