Sunday, September 21, 2008

Life Science Museum

For my Anthropology class we are studing the African Bushmen. So as a part of our studies, my professor assigned the class to visit the Bean Life Science Museum on the edge of campus to try and find all the animals we had read about in the Kalahari Desert.

So on the day it was due, I, and about half of my 800 student class, went to get it over with. I was not expecting to enjoy it, but to my suprise it was really fun! I ended up wandering around to every exhibit, grinning like a kid in a candy store and snapping pictures with my camera phone. People must have thought I was on something!

Here are my favorite shots from the museum.



This one reminded me of the movie "Wild America"... if anyone has it, can I borrow it? I actually had trouble standing in front of this one long enough to get a picture. It was probably 7-8 feet tall, and pretty realistic!


"Long live Mufassa!!!"



It's a LIGER! You know, "bred for their magical abilities?" Napoleon would be sooo excited.

Last but not least, the mountain goat. Not to be mean, but I took this picture because out of all the tons of animals I saw in the museum, this one was by far the ugliest! :P

No comments: